Wednesday, June 20, 2007

VERY ANXIOUS

I find myself writing this because I cannot sleep. Today during my nap I was interrupted by a very strange person at my front door.

I do not make it a practice, because of my anxiety to answer the door unless I know exactly who a person is, or I am expecting them in one way or another.

Needless to say, after about 15 minutes or so the man refused to leave so I finally demanded that he provide me with identification and let me know what he wanted or I was going to call the local public safety municipality.

The stranger refused to do so and instead laughed out loud saying that He had some documents for a person that was supposed to be at my address. I instructed him that this was not the case. He began to ask me questions of a very personal nature and so I called the public safety officer.

She was very helpful and I filed an incident report. Public Safety has instituted additional patrols and monitoring of my residence because the stranger made an intimidating statement that was interpreted as a possible violation of the Wisconsin Hate Crimes legislation.

While everyone agrees that I did the correct thing I find myself very uncomfortable in such circumstances and so the result is that I have incredible insomnia.

All is well, and everyone is safe but it just brought back some memories of a time when I was a victim of a Hate Crime and the difficulties I went through to overcome the experience.

I am going to do some reading I think and attempt to calm my mind with some writings from Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy. I will be seeing my therapist tomorrow and have elected to submit this information to my physician.

I have also been trying to follow my nutritional plan in an effort to reduce some of the weight I gained over the winter when I was under the weather. I feel like that is harder than I wish it would be - but I am not going to give up.

______________________
"The perfect no-stress environment is the grave. When we change our perception we gain control. The stress becomes a challenge, not a threat. When we commit to action, to actually doing something rather than feeling trapped by events, the stress in our life becomes manageable." - Greg Anderson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.